Thursday, January 27, 2011

I’m Back…..

It has been a tough ten days for me; I spent it at Cedar Sinai Hospital in Beverly Hills California.  It all began with a trip to my cardiologist’s office.  I was suffering from chest discomfort for a few days, and I thought it was just a case of angina, but it became worse.  So it was off to the ER.  The place was jammed and the receptionist asked if I needed to see a doctor, I told her of my chest pain, and bang I was in a room.

I have an awesome team of doctors who made me feel as comfortable as possible with my chest pain.  It was going to be a trip to the Cath Lab.  I assumed I probably needed another stent.  The pain was just like pre stent visits in the past, after my angiogram I was told everything looked great, the double by-pass was open and flowing as were my seven stents.

Ok, what was going on?  Was this all in my head?  My doc said no and ordered a CAT Scan of my aorta.   That is when they found the culprit, a pulmonary embolism in my lung.  So it was on meds and education on how to deal with my new meds for life.  Not to let my nurses just have an easy time I also had a T.I.A., a minor stroke, which resolved itself in about 5 hours, but more education for me.  A wonderful visit from the Stroke Team Nurse for a little class time to keep me stimulated.

Late Wednesday afternoon my doctor told me my medicine was therapeutic, in other words my blood was good and thin.

So now it is doctors’ visits, a change in life style, and a positive attitude.

Thank all of you who sent their prayers and well wishes, what could have been a disaster turned into something I will learn to deal with.  All of your comments gave me the fight I needed to deal with this.

See everyone tomorrow on this blog where I am sure I will again upset someone.


http://gan.doubleclick.net/gan_click?lid=41000000005217789&pubid=21000000000324396 

1 comment:

Sue Guzman said...

So glad you are doing better Vince. You were in my prayers.
Go ahead p%$$ us off! It'll be just like old times :) xoxo