Friday, January 14, 2011

Good Sports, Bad Sports, and This is What Customer Service is All About

The only bad sports are those who try and keep us from watching the NFL Playoffs this weekend.  On Saturday it all begins with the Ravens at the Steelers.  For years I have had to take the high road when analyzing a game and making my picks.  I do not have to do that this time around, so I am pulling hard for my Pittsburgh Steelers.  Go Down Baltimore.  I cannot support any team with murderer Ray Lewis on board.  Take away all of that, and the Steelers are the better team period.

Then on Saturday night it is the Pack at the Falcons.  I know the game is in Atlanta, but I like the way Green Bay has been playing of late, and I think the Pack will come away from this with the W.

Wait it gets better!!!!  Sunday’s early game is the Seahawks at da Bears (da Bears!!!!!!—I miss my sound effects I used on the air!!!).  Pete Carrols team has much to prove.  The Seahawks were 7-9 during the regular season and friends were posting they did not deserve to be on the same field with the defending Super Bowl champs the Saints last week.  Well those posting that were very wrong, they are playing on Sunday and the Saints ain’t.   I pick Seattle.

Then the late game is the Jets at the Pats.  When you’re a Jet you’re a Jet all the way.  Good luck to them.  I stopped being a Jet fan years ago because they were always a disappointment.  They in my humble opinion have the ability to beat New England, but I really believe they will come up short.

DO NOT BET THE HOUSE ON MY PICKS!!!!!!

Finally today I applaud Southwest Airlines.  A man was waiting in the TSA line to make an emergency flight to see his dying grandson.  The TSA did not give a damn about this and made him wait.  Mark Dickinson wanted to get home before his grandson would be taken off life support.  The L.A. TSA group told him to wait in line.

His grandson had been flung against a wall by his daughter’s boyfriend.  He wanted to get to Denver.  His wife called customer service at Southwest and asked the plane be held.  When Dickinson got to the gate… running with just socks on his feet, he was met by the pilot who told him he held the plane for him.  This was not for Southwest publicity; it was an act of kindness and customer service.  Kudos to the pilot and customer service rep who are not identified yet.  They did this so a grandfather could see his dying grandson after an inexcusable incident by a violent man.   Let me say thank you for the decision to say to hell with on time statistics and allow Mark Dickinson to say goodbye to his grandson Caden.

I applaud Southwest Airlines for being so caring and thoughtful!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Southwest is always doing things like this.
Best airline in the US.