Monday, January 3, 2011

From Governor Moonbeam to Ignoring The Diabetic Market and More

Happy New Year Everyone!!!  We have our challenges ahead of us, and it will be interesting to see how we handle them.

First my challenge with diabetes.  It will not be an easy journey for those of us who have this devastating disease, however if we are diligent in watching what we eat, our weight, and our exercising we can help ourselves.  I would like to say shame on you Kraft Foods.  The good people at Albertson’s Grocery Store were trying to order sugar free Tang for me.  I was told this item is no longer available from Kraft.  Albertson’s and Fresh and Easy have told me they are trying to be more diabetic friendly in their food choices.  We must continue to keep diabetes in the forefront so we can find a cure.

Is it just me or are pro athletes represented by the dregs of the earth?  More and more are being arrested for violent acts, fined for breaking the rules, and acting out by ignoring their coaches.  I believe the leagues MUST make sure their players follow rules on and off the field, or kick their butts to the curb, just like you and I would be kicked to the curb if we acted this way in our lives.

OK, I have saved the best for last.  Jerry Brown was elected as governor by the voters of California.  This will be his second time around.  During the campaign, he admitted Politian’s lie.  So when he said no new taxes unless voted on by the people, he was lying.   He has been going around talking about tightening belts, and has hinted more than once he wants to repeal proposition13 here in California, which would greatly raise real estate taxes.  Brown has never found a tax he did not like.  Those of you who voted for him, you get what you vote for.  Then again I have three words for the man serving hot dogs and chips at his inauguration.  (Hey can I get a dog?  I am a taxpayer!!!)  The three words; Grey Davis Recall.

Yes 2011 will bring challenges for all of us.  Are we up to the task to keep up the fight and good work?  I know we are.

No comments: