Monday, January 17, 2011

Even More Things I know I Think

What a great time of the year, the NFL Playoffs.  There were some great games this weekend.  Last week I thought the Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, and Patriots would advance, saying the Jets did have the talent to win the game.  They not only won, they got the QB Tom Brady so many times Brady probably thought he played in five games.

The Steelers Ravens game was a classic, and in the end the better team won.  Yes I am a Steelers fan, but they were the better team in the second half, and got it done.

The Packers winning on the road again just embarrassed the Falcons, as did ‘Da Bears stopping the Seahawks.  I cannot wait for this week’s action.

Reports out of the Arizona jail say the madman who went on a shooting spree shows no signs of remorse.  I refuse to print his name; he got more than his 15 minutes of fame.  He is in “the hole” 23 of 24 hours a day and has six guards around him for his hour out.  My question, why waste the guards, keep him locked up 24 hours a day.

My hope for the extreme left and right being ignored may just be happening.   I do not think the tea party is the extreme right, I do believe the Jane Fonda followers are the extreme left.  For those of you who still believe he is a tea party advocate, according to the New York Times, he became enraged at the sight of President Bush. 

Finally, the Golden Globes.  Host Ricky Gravis was nothing more than an ignorant person.  His humor was not funny, it was hurtful.  If he was trying to emulate people like Don Rickles, he missed the mark by miles.  I was happy to see Colin Furth win best actor, I believe the voters missed the boat not making the movie Kings Speech as picture of the year.  I guess to enjoy this picture it would be helpful to be a fan of history.  I think they were not.  Kudos to Jim Parsons, wining for best actor in a comedy for television.  He was truly awed by the honor, and his character on The Big Bang Theory is just plain funny.

No comments: