Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Good Start For Me In 2011

What a great day January 5th is!   Today I spent the day with my 4 year granddaughter visiting from Memphis.  
Because of my health problems, I have not seen her since she was 2.  What a difference 2 years makes in a young life! 

I am doing things like going to dance class, the mall to play on their toys and a play date.   When my kids were little there were no such things as play dates!”

It amazes me how smart she is.  No this is not a proud g-pa talking.  On the way home she took her I-Pad, dialed up “Dora The Explorer” and watched it all of the way home.  She will be four on the 11th; I would not know how to turn it on. 

We had a blast, walking the dog, getting dressed, going to ballet class, and even spending  some time at the Getty Museum, where she went to the family room to play, and the sketching gallery to draw.  Then it was home to have some strawberry ice cream.  No doubt I am a proud g-pa.  My grandson stayed with his mom and dad, they did not think I could handle two!!!  Hey who handled my two when they were growing up?

If I ever needed a reason the keep my diabetes in check yesterday and today say it all.  I need to be around for my grandkids.  They need the advice, and spoiling from their ole g-pa, especially the spoiling!!!!  I now must triple my effort to keep my health in control so I am around for the important things in life.

I also worry about what our leaders have done to our country, knowing the debt will be the problem of my grandchildren.  I am tired of providing money for illegal aliens who demand money and health care; why, because they are entitled to it.  Let us take a good look at what our leaders are doing to future generations of Americans, and if they continue to put their hands in their pockets, fire them!!

OK enough of that, I need to dwell on my grandkids, and continue to spoil them while I can.  So this blog is over, my granddaughter wants to play a game!!

Watching this little girl enjoy her carefree life makes me pause and wonder what will she see and experience as she grows up.

No comments: