Monday, February 28, 2011

Starting The Week “Running”


As much as I can on crutches!!!

It does slow my body down, but not my mind.  First of all, being handicapped for a while has allowed me to work on my blood sugar.  It has been under control for the most part, and thanks to an app, I can track it and see the effects from food, pain and stress.

Pain can make one say things not really meant, it is like open mouth and insert that casted foot.

With that in mind…

The Oscar telecast was not one of their best.  The hosts, Anne Hathaway and James Franco were out of their element.  It was most evident when Billy Crystal took the stage to honor Bob Hope.  Crystal was funny, quick witted and very much at home; please bring him back!!!  Going young was not a great move by the academy.

The highlights of the broadcast, Kirk Douglas, Michelle Leo and the kids from Staten Island singing their hearts out.  It was not necessary to hear from President Obama on the greatest song ever, it is so much better to keep politics out of this show.

The pre show was painful; I could not stay to the end.  Host Robin Roberts looked great, but if she were more sugary, I would have had to use more insulin to keep my diabetes in check, she made Larry King look like a solid journalist.

I mentioned I tuned out of the pre show, for all who were posting and tweeting how much they did not like the broadcast, no one was making you watch.  Change the channel next time.  It really is that simple.

My mind now runs to baseball.  It was great to watch a little bit of preseason baseball.  Watching the Yankees first game, I really enjoyed the tribute to the late George Steinbrenner.  It ended with the Boss’s granddaughter singing the National Anthem.  It was not about her, but her lovely voice showed how it should be sung.  Christina Aguilera, please take note.

Watching the Lakers and Thunder on Sunday reinforced my contention one needs only to watch the last five minutes of any NBA game.

I could go on and on this morning, but what will I talk about in my next blog?  Enjoy your week!!

No comments: