Monday, February 7, 2011

From A Super Game to a Super Flub

I enjoyed the Super Bowl. It was not the outcome I wanted. But the game was good. My Steelers had two things going against them. They made too many mistakes, and had the curse. I am talking about the curse of Fox Sports sideline reporter Chris Meyers. Anytime my old friend reports on a team from a sideline, they lose. NFL teams take notice.

Congratulations to Packer fans. If anyone had to win the 
Lombardi Trophy, other than my Steelers, going to Green Bay the home of the great Italian American coach Vince Lombardi is something I can deal with. Packer fans showed all of us how to celebrate a win with class, no looting, no overturned cars, no fires, take note Laker fans.

Now to our 
National Anthem. Shame on you Christina Aguilera!!! There is no need to make the anthem all about you.  Yes you did issue an apology statement.  In the future, just go out there and honor your country by signing it and getting the words right! You interpretation is not important here.  And for those interviewed saying they did not care about our anthem, they just wanted to see the game, I suggest two things 1) question the  education you received, 2 )  go back in history and read The Fall of the Roman Empire. We should all take pride and know our national anthem, and be thankful when we have a change in government leaders we do not have to experience a situation like Egypt is experiencing.  If we continue in this country to care just about “me”, if we continue to be entitled, The Fall of the Roman Empire will eventually repeat itself in the United States of America. Today it would be called a remake, putting in movies terms.

Back to the game, I am proud of myself. 
Statistics show an increase in heart attacks when your team loses in the Super Bowl. Dealing with my pulmonary embolism kept me from getting too emotional making sure I did not aggravate my condition.  (Note: it will take about two months for my body to absorb the blood clot).   My friends watching the game with me saw a calm, but vocal, Vince, I did not rant and rave like I normally do.   After the game all I could think, ok it is time for pitchers and catchers!! I did not pay much attention to the commercials, all of the pre game hype about them took the surprise away, and I don’t see a VW for me in the future.

My favorite food this year; a tie between homemade
 chicken soup and a Fresh and Easy “pizza” made with chicken, spices and blue cheese. I don’t call it a “pizza” because the grease floating on top was missing, SIGH!   This pizza was much healthier and really tasty.  The good news, there was no spike to my blood sugar later in the evening.  

OK football is over, Let’s Go Yankees!!!


1 comment:

Joe delisi said...

Even if she got the words right, she sucked. Couldn't even tell what song it was! I had the same thought about pitchers and catchers...