Friday, February 25, 2011

Rumblings In My Mind

More than a week with a cast on my right leg, more than a week with my brain working in overdrive.  It was one year ago the body of Chelsea King was discovered; her life taken by a low life sexual predator. My prayers to the family, and they have all of my support in getting Chelsea’s Law passed in the rest of the country; one strike and you are out for sexual predators.  To learn more go to www.chelseaslight.org.

Bullies beware.  I am not talking about kids, but a friend of mine has the neighbor from hell.  She has gone from throwing garbage on my friends’ porch to vandalizing personal property.  The police have spoken to her once; her bullying tactics will not be tolerated.  She is like a train going towards a wall; she will crash, hopefully before she injures someone.

Charlie Sheen needs help.  He has more than crossed the line.  I have had nothing but positive experiences with Charlie and his dad Martin.  I feel for Martin and pray Charlie will realize how out of control he is.  The bottom line, if he does not admit he needs help, he cannot be taken off this self destructive path. 

I too have crossed the line, not taking care of my health after first being diagnosed with diabetes some 20 years ago.  I would not accept the fact I was diabetic.  I knew better, I would be just fine.  This is not much different than the mindset of Charlie Sheen, until I accepted diabetes, nothing could help me.  Without the encouragement and support of friends and loved ones, I would not be here today.  It only took a by-pass, seven stents and now Charcot foot, the reason I am casted, to finally realize the severity of what this nasty illness has done for me.  The power of prayer is getting me through this current setback.

I believe our President has crossed the line.  When he told the justice department to stop defending the constitutionality of the defense of marriage act he has overstepped his office.  A president cannot decide what is constitutional or not.  There are three branches of our government.  In case any of our political leaders were not paying attention in class, the three are the Executive, Legislative and Judicial.  There is a process to declare a law unconstitutional, and it should be followed period!  No one person or branch of government has the right to unilaterally make a decision of this magnitude.

Finally I would like to thank all who have offered encouragement, help and love during my latest medical problems.  You are all wonderful.

No comments: