Wednesday, October 6, 2010

No Not Yet!!!!!!!

Here it was October 5th and I am walking through a mall in the Valley here in California.  Not too many people in the mall, I guess they did not hear the economy is getting better.  So I walked through the anchor stores of this mall, Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and what did I see?   CHRISTMAS TREES!!!!!!   Come on give me a break, October 5th and the workers are decorating Christmas Tree displays.  Something is so wrong.

If the economy is bad and people are not spending money, do the stores believe this will guilt you and me to start spending now and often?  Well it has just the opposite effect on me.  I want to run out of the store and stay away period.

What are they thinking?  I want to enjoy the baseball playoffs, college and NFL football, and let us not forget the little kids dressed up in their Halloween Costumes going trick or treating at the END of October.

I long for the days when one did not see any mention of Christmas until the end of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.  The last float was Santa Clause!!!  Yup the same parade from Miracle on 34th Street.  Still one of my favorite holiday movies, by the way.  The original of course,  none of the remakes came close to the original!!!

But the time for Christmas is after the parade.  Not a minute before.  My question is, how am I going to shield myself from this much too early holiday faux pas?  Only thing I can think of is I’ll see ya Macy’s and Bloomies.  I will not spend a dime until AFTER Thanksgiving.  And the same goes to any other store who breaks my personal embargo on the Christmas season.  And it is the CHRISTMAS season not XMAS.   If you want my hard earned cash learn to spell the word out.

So for now, enjoy football, the World Series, and start getting ready for Halloween.  That is enough on our plate for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. I can honestly say I am not a Philadelphia Philly’s fan. But I am so happy for Roy Halladay and his no hitter. And it turns out he is somewhat of a class act by recognizing his catcher Carlos Ruiz’s contribution to his success this year.

On the other hand, why did the media even mention Brent Musburger’s comments about steroids? When did he become an authority on drugs? These types of comments only take away from the fun of sports