Friday, October 22, 2010

I Have Had Enough

It is not just one thing.  So here I go.  I am tired of political ads which do not talk about issues.  When they do candidates run them so infrequently how many of us really see them?

I am tired of political candidates who cannot look us straight in the eye when they talk or say they endorse their ads.  The latest to do this, Barbara Boxer.  When she says she endorses her political ads all we see is her ear.  Look me in the eye and tell me where you stand.

As for sports, I have covered sports for more than 30 years, and athletes have always been a challenge to speak with.  They either believe stories about them or they just feel they are better than those off the field.  Usually I was able to find some sort of level to deal with their huge egos.  Today athletes are just entitled period.  They really believe they are doing their fans a favor to relate to them.  Hey dummies without fans, and the media covering sports, you are nothing.  At least be nice to the fans, and do not ignore kids.  I know Charles Barkley says he does not want to be a role model.  Being polite is not being a role model.

I think ESPN should rethink some of their programming.  I am so tired of Around The Horn.   Bottom line who cares what these TV wanna bees have to say day in and day out.   Woody Page is now a caricature of himself.  His postings on the board behind him are juvenile and just not funny.  Grow up Woody.  You are not a comedian, and your pompous attitude grates on ones nerves.  I have not watched in a while, tuned in yesterday and now Woody does not even bother to comb his hair.  If that is a style as we say in Little Italy, fogetaboutit.

Finally today to that twenty something who told me it is not fair that I drive a Lexus and he cannot afford one.  Hey I work for my money.  He was living at home, with a low paying job.  He told me the government should take more money from me so others could enjoy luxury items.   I think not!!!! 

No comments: