Monday, October 11, 2010

I Am Tired of Both of Them!

That was a response a friend had to a political pollsters question about the Governor’s Race in California.  I liked it.  It was recorded as undecided, I do not like that.  I agree with my friend.  I am so tired of the personal attack ads here in California.  I am sure you are too in your state.

The only question is who will do the best job.  Here in California, Jerry Brown already had his chance, and he admits he was a party animal the first time around.  Why should I think differently now?  He wants to take credit for tax cuts, but was against proposition 13, still he wants to jump on the look at the tax cut band wagon.  Will he raise taxes this time around, he says not without voters’ approval.  What does that really mean?  Sounds like he is on the fence to me.  Why should we trust him?

Then there is Meg Whitman.  She is a smart business woman.  There is no doubt in her ability to run a company, just look at EBay.   Our current governor in California Arnold Schwarzenegger, is a brilliant businessman, but quickly found out how tough it is to try and run a state and deal with the political hacks who have been there for years.

So whom should we trust this time around?  Cannot go on the political ads.  No they do nothing but personally attack their opponent.  They do not really tell me their stance on many things.  And if there are ads which address their positions, they are few and far between, and are run very infrequently.

So voters, it is up to you and me to actually read, research, and decide.  As I mentioned above Jerry Brown has had his shot.  I think he blew it first time around, and has had less than a stellar political career.  So do we go with the political rookie?  She financed almost her entire campaign with very few to pay back.  Like my friend, however I am tired of both of them.  Do not like the attack ads, and it will be a last minute decision on who to choose when election day comes around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Vince.
I think they need to overhaul the campaign regulations. The advertisements are of little to no help at all when checking out the candidates and issues. Imagine what would happen if all of that campaign money was donated to help our economy!
See you at the Getty. Rai :)