Thursday, July 22, 2010

Couple of things... Fighting the Insurance Companies and Diabetics Unite!!!

An acquaintance of mine once told me the only customer health insurance or disability insurance companies like are the dead ones.  I did not want to become so cynical however I am now.  I am currently unable to work.  My internist says so, so does my cardiologist.  Even Social Security agrees.  That did  not stop Cigna Insurance from stop sending me my long term disability check.  Why, well they have a nurse practitioner who says my doctors are not right.  So there goes a huge chunk of money I need to pay for my health insurance, my doctors and my meds.  Do they care?  Not at all.

I would LOVE to go back to work.  The only problem is when I go back I last 3 months tops and I am back in the hospital.  So what to do.  Well I am trying to get the word out and checking legal remedies but of course that costs money which I no longer have.  I will though continue to fight.

Diabetics Unite.  As I walk through food stores I see less and less choices for low sugar and no sugar foods and drinks.  Don't the grocery companies want our business?  When something is  not there I ask the store to try and get it.  I also look for stores which have my items, and thank them for carrying the products.  The only way they will count us is to be vocal in a nice way, but be vocal often.

No comments: