Friday, December 10, 2010

‘Tis The Season

Fa la la la la… etc.  Here I am deep into the holiday season and all of a sudden screech.  A big stop.  I got my flu shot, wash my hands too many times a day, and tried to stay away from large crowds, but I guess I zigged when I should have zagged and bang I have the flu.  Went to see my doctor right away and she gave me some pills, I sure hope they work quickly!!!!  It is not just the flu; it is how my diabetes is affected.  This morning my blood sugar was 375, not close to the 70-100 it should be, so I put more insulin in my body in hopes of getting it down.  It is not working well.  The stress on my body with the flu affects not only my blood sugars but my kidneys, and my coronary artery disease.  I Cannot eat because my body rejects it.  I try to keep the liquids flowing.  The rest room and I have become very close friends.

I also have little or no patience.  Less than usual.  That never works out well for me.  So let me see, I now have to put off my Christmas Shopping, jam it all in with all of the crowds I have been trying to avoid!  Deal with shoppers who have little or no patients as well.  Boy happy hour sure sounds like a good thing to me.

While I have little or no patience let me get some things off my chest.  Why do journalists, or alleged journalists, feel it is important to make personal attacks on people who do not agree with them.  Attack their politics, or their leanings, but stop with all of the personal attacks.  Nothing makes me grab the remote control and change the channel quicker that personal attacks.

Today is Real Estate tax day in California.  Why do the entitled generation feel they should use the tax money gathered for free education, also why do the illegal’s feel they should get a free ride as well.  Most of the people footing the bill do not even have kids.  I worked two jobs while I was in college, took out loans, PAID THEM BACK, and I do not understand why the entitled generation feels they should be any different.

OK got that off my chest, and I am happy the New York Yankees finally signed Derek Jeter.  They went about it all wrong, but it is done now, and how about the Red Sox trying to buy the A.L. East, something they have for years criticized the Yankees for.  I think I have it all out of my system now.

So ‘tis the season…..   fa la la la la la.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this says it all. Hope you feel better.