Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Some More Random Thoughts

It is a great P.R. phrase.  We hear there will be a vote on tax cuts on Thursday.  Everyone likes to hear about tax cuts.   I cannot think of anyone who likes to pay more taxes.  The only problem, these are not new cuts they are keeping the tax rate where it is.  Most of the media has fallen into this phrase trap.  So when the current tax rates are continued, the administration will take credit in giving us a tax cut.  Nothing can be further from the truth.  It was the Bush administration which put these rates into effect, but will he be blamed for this?

And the Bill Gates and Warren Buffets of the world who think the rich should pay more, I say get some of the money you have hidden and write a check to the U.S. Treasury.   It will be cashed and the government will thank you.  So will I.

I am happy to see both sides of the isle disgusted with Wikileaks.  I am also very happy to hear the word treason being bandied about.  As I mentioned in a previous blog, I do not know the legal definition, but I do know morally it is treason.  Let us go after the S.O.B.’S who get their jollies from causing worldwide havoc.

Today, December 1st is World Aids day.  Starbucks tweeted me and text me saying 5 cents of every sold beverage will go to aids research.  I think this is a good thing.  But to Starbucks, and all of the other companies who are giving money to aids research, please think about doing the same on world diabetes day.  That day came and past without any donations from companies.  It is projected that within ten years one in three of us will suffer from this debilitating disease.  I have it and do not want you to suffer from it.  It has changed my life in a negative way.  A way in which I must fight every day for my good heath.

And finally today to my sports hat.  What is the NFL doing?  In their personal vendetta against the Steelers James Harrison they are looking very bad.  Hard hits do not merit a weekly 25 thousand dollar fine.  Harrison is a tough player, just like so many others in the past.  Equating hard play with thrown punches is not the way to go.  The NFL may just as well be known as the national flag league.  Not the way to go guys!



No comments: