Monday, November 22, 2010

Why is This Political?

Let me start this blog saying there are three things on my mind today.  The first about politics or why is there politics.  I do not watch reality television.    I know I am in the minority but if I want mindless television I will watch the WWE.  Different strokes.  I also do not like reality television because it takes jobs away from writers and actors and the crews who make T.V.  I know too many people who have lost their jobs because it is cheaper to produce the shows.
The question I have is why are we reading about all of the “controversy” concerning  “Dancing With The Stars,” and will Bristol Palin win or lose.  I have not watched any of the episodes, but of the remaining three, I know Jennifer Grey is the most talented dancer.  She is also one of my favorite all time interviews.  But why has this become political?  Why are the left calling the voting a “tea party conspiracy”?  Grow up people.  These are reality show junkies who love to vote for their favorite.  Check the statistics of pervious shows, the best do not always win.  Is there a conspiracy in every reality show?  The only winner here is ABC and all of the free publicity!  Spend your time worrying about something worth your time and effort.

Second, the entire TSA debacle.  At first I did not see the problem.  You want to check me feel free.  Evidently the TSA agents are feeling too freely.  Whoops I probably will be part of a “don’t fly list” for that.  Some of the stories coming out are damn right scary.  Can big brother be far behind?  How bout some leadership from our leaders on this.  Air Israel seems to avoid the pat downs and still can weed out terrorists.  Ok they must profile.  I say go for it.  This from someone close to me who tried to fly out of Memphis:

At the Memphis airport, I had a pat down, a full body screening, had to take all clothes off except jeans and camisole top . .and it was COLD! Had to stand with my arms up in the air up 
over my head during this and again with legs spread wide for 15 seconds during the x-ray screening and had my things and my ticket taken away from me. The whole time I had about 5 police officers surrounding me. . . because my middle name was on my license and not on my ticket.

Great way to find a terrorist, by not having ones’ middle name on a ticket.  Oh, is that not a form of profiling?

Finally, I have to admit I miss covering sports on a daily basis, so some observations from an NFL Sunday.  Brett Favre has outlived his greatness.  Too bad he will not be remembered for a brilliant career.  He will be one more athlete who tried to hang on too long.  It was not a good day at all fo the Manning clan.  Peyton lost that game winning drive magic touch with an interception, and Eli lost the keys to NYC.

For this week, give those keys to Mark Sanchez of the New York Jets.  It all looked like it was over for the Jets when Sanchez led his team to a win in the final seconds.  Welcome to the new order.



No comments: