Friday, November 26, 2010

Random Thoughts On A Black Friday

Hope everyone had enough turkey yesterday.  Of course now is the day for those leftover sandwiches  mmmmm good.   For those of you who went shopping yesterday, shame on you.  It was a day to spend with family and loved ones.  For those who stayed up all night or waited on line for days to get the deal of a lifetime I ask why?  Is it worth all of your time, effort and battles at the store?   No thanks!!  Period.

As for my food consumption and blood sugar on Thanksgiving, I am happy with it.  My blood sugar did not rise too much, and thank goodness for my medicine Byetta.  I am missing a gene which would tell me I am full.  Byetta helps lower the blood sugar, and tells me I am full.  It really helps regulate my portion control.  It is a medicine worth check out for diabetics, as our search continues.

Sports are still bouncing around in my head.  The New York Yankees PR disaster with the way they are handling Derek Jeter is embarrassing, but how about the way they are handling the Mariano Rivera free agency.  Mo is asking for a three million dollar a year raise for two years.  The Yankees would like him to sign a one year deal.  Note to Brian Cashman: if you go the Jeter route and tell him to test the market, he will be a goner, and so will you.  Interesting, I have been told by many Yankee fans, they will follow Jeter wherever he goes and root for his new team.

The TSA situation was very quiet for the most part.  In Los Angeles a tale of two extremes.  One woman wore a bulky sweater.  Of course she was trying to hide something under the sweater.  The woman said the TSA made her feel like a criminal.  Oh ladies, do not wear an underwire bra or you will be checked out for sure.  Come on TSA how about using some intelligence in the way you inspect people.  Are some of you on a power trip?  The answer is yes, and the shorter the inspector the more power they seem to need.  They have that in common with the LAPD.

My favorite story in L.A. though was the woman who wore a bikini to the airport.  She said if they want to check her out, take a good long look!!!   Hope your holiday weekend is a good one!!!

1 comment:

Elise said...

If I cannot wear an underwire bra, no one is going to be happy, believe me! What are we shall we say, well-endowed women supposed to do!