Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some Things I Know I Think

Life can be full of simple pleasures.  My Boston Terrier is one of my great pleasures…. She can talk to me as clear as day.  She wants to eat, and  she throws her food dish around until it is filled, if she is stressed she goes and gets her favorite ball, a yellow soft soccer ball and sucks on it while she lies in bed, if she has to do her business she rings a bell on the door.  If she really has to go the bell is rung very loudly!!!!  When she wants to go to bed for the night she arranges her pillows plops down and starts snoring.

Some other pleasures for me are and the Getty Museum.  I have become a Docent there.  Finished my training and I officially begin this Sunday Afternoon.  I did however get an early start, providing a tour for one of my east coast friends.  We also dined and toured the rest of the Getty on Wednesday, what a perfect day!!!

Some other things I know I think:


 Reggie Bush should be ashamed of himself.  He is nothing more than a cheater who got caught, and was stripped of the Heisman.  The people affected were nowhere near USC when Bush the cheater was accepting money for himself and his parents, but the Trojan team has to suffer now.

I think ESPN’s jay Mariotti will find out what it is like to be in the police state know as Los Angeles, where domestic violence can be described as an argument between two people.  If someone calls the lapd version of the keystone cops, someone will go to jail.  I am not commenting on his guilt or innocence, I do not know what really happened; but he will be presumed guilty here in L.A.

Finally I made a new friend this week.  Casey is a go getter who really knows how to make lemonade out of lemons.  Without a job she came up with an idea which has taken off.  She told me all about her venture know as The Girls Getaway Guide.  She books tours when a bunch of ladies want to go on a vacation just for the girls.  I was impressed with her website   http://www.GirlsGetawayGuide.net.

 The video she has made, and the book she self published but is available in Barnes and Nobles.  Congratulations on taking an idea and running with it.  I could not convince her I would be a great tour guide.  Oh well maybe if she sees me at the Getty!!

No comments: