Monday, September 20, 2010

Should Congress Just Stay on Vacation?

After seeing this I think so.  From examiner.com:

Another new tax idea being floated by the Obama White House is the so-called "transaction tax." This tax will initially be a 1% tax on any transactions you make at any financial institutions such as banks and credit unions. If you make a deposit or withdrawal, move money from one account to another, or even take cash from an ATM you will have to pay 1% of each amount to the Federal government. Think about how many such transactions you make a month and you can see how quickly this amount can add up.

Unbelievable!!    They now want to tax money which for the most part has already been taxed.   Just think about it, you want to move some money into your checking account so you will not bounce a check… a tax; you need money from your ATM… a tax; you use your ATM/Debit card to go out to lunch.  After you pay taxes on the meal… another tax!!!   What are our elected officials thinking?  Or should I say not thinking.

I know I feel I pay my share of taxes, but this is beyond my share.  Our officials are living in a fantasy world if they think we will put up with this form of robbery.  Give us all a break!!!  In this economy so many of us are just sliding through, and yet Congress wants more money.

Sure they say they want a tax break for those who make 250 thousand dollars a year, but they find a way to just take it back from us.  Give me my money in cash, and I will stuff it in my mattress.  Less chance of a burglar breaking in and taking it than Congress stealing it from me.

Before you vote in November, find out where your representative stands on this issue, and vote him or her out of office.  I never minded paying my fair share, but we are beyond that now, and a double tax on my income?  No thanks!  It is up to all of us to find out where our elected officials stand on all issues and vote with our heads not our hearts.  


No comments: